Each year MISTI presents three types of awards to outstanding students who embody the mission and spirit of MISTI. MISTI provides a $1,000 award to the honorees.
(2014 awardees from left to right: Jelimo Maswan, Camille Richman, Joseph Chism, Akanksha Midha and Sasha Churikova. Photographer: Molly Schneider)
MISTI Ambassador Award
Presented annually to an MIT student who exemplifies MISTI's mission and has served as an outstanding MISTI representative abroad and at MIT
- Akanksha Midha, Sloan MBA, Global Startup Labs (Sri Lanka)
- Camille Richman, Junior in MechE, MIT-Israel and MISTI 2.0 Programs
MISTI Achievement Award
Presented annually to an MIT student or recent alumnus who has made a particularly noteworthy contribution to his or her host organization in the course of his or her internship.
- Joseph Chism, Sophomore in Management Science and Mathematics, MIT-Russia Program
Suzanne Berger Award for Future Global Leaders
Presented annually to a graduating senior who, through his or her coursework and practical experience abroad, has demonstrated his or her potential to become a global leader.
- Jelimo Maswan, Junior in EECS, MIT-Germany Program
Clarisse Lebel Internship
For the first time, MISTI honored a student with the Clarisse Lebel Internship in 2014. The Internship was provided by Jean Lebel in honor of his wife, Clarisse. Lebel and his wife Clarisse have been supporters of the MIT-France Program from the beginning.
- Sasha Churikova, Sophomore in Physics, MIT-France Program