Each year MISTI presents three types of awards to outstanding students who embody the mission and spirit of MISTI. MISTI provides a $1,000 award to the honorees.
(2014 awardees from left to right: Jelimo Maswan, Camille Richman, Joseph Chism, Akanksha Midha and Sasha Churikova. Photographer: Molly Schneider)
MISTI Ambassador Award
Presented annually to an MIT student who exemplifies MISTI's mission and has served as an outstanding MISTI representative abroad and at MIT
- Akanksha Midha, Sloan MBA, Global Startup Labs (Sri Lanka)
- Camille Richman, Junior in MechE, MIT-Israel and MISTI 2.0 Programs
MISTI Achievement Award
Presented annually to an MIT student or recent alumnus who has made a particularly noteworthy contribution to his or her host organization in the course of his or her internship.
- Joseph Chism, Sophomore in Management Science and Mathematics, MIT-Russia Program
Suzanne Berger Award for Future Global Leaders
Presented annually to a graduating senior who, through his or her coursework and practical experience abroad, has demonstrated his or her potential to become a global leader.
- Jelimo Maswan, Senior in EECS, MIT-Germany Program
Clarisse Lebel Internship
For the first time, MISTI honored a student with the Clarisse Lebel Internship in 2014.
- Sasha Churikova, Sophomore in Physics, MIT-France Program