Through an annual call for proposals, the funds primarily support travel costs for exchange between a team at MIT and colleagues in universities and research institutes in Mexico. The Mexican colleague(s) must be identified in the proposal.
Priority will be given to projects that:
- propose a balanced exchange between the MIT and Mexican participants
- involve students in the project
MIT-Mexico - CONACYT Seed Fund
- For collaboration with universities and research laboratories in Mexico
- Maximum award: $30,000
MIT-Mexico – Zapopan (Jalisco) Seed Fund
- For collaboration with universities and research laboratories in the city of Zapopan and the Metropolitan area of Guadalajara. Companies in this region might be included in the proposal.
- Mexican colleague(s) must be identified in the proposal
- Priority given to projects that propose a balanced exchange between MIT and Mexico and demonstrate complementarity between the two teams
- Maximum award: $25,000
The MIT-Mexico Seed Funds are a part of MISTI Global Seed Funds. All general MISTI Global Seed Funds criteria, application and evaluation procedures apply.