MIT-Peru UTEC Seed Fund
Through an annual call for proposals, the fund primarily supports travel costs for an exchange between a team at MIT and colleagues at the Universidad de Ingeniería y Tecnología (UTEC) in Peru. The Peruvian colleague(s) must be identified in the proposal. The maximum award is $30,000.
The fund is for collaborations between faculty and research scientists at MIT and their counterparts at UTEC. Faculty and researchers at other Peruvian research institutions are also eligible to apply as long as the project also involves participants from UTEC.
- UTEC colleague(s) must be identified in the proposal
- Priority given to projects that propose a balanced exchange between MIT and Peru
- Proposals should demonstrate complementarity between the two teams
- Maximum award: $30,000
The MIT-Peru UTEC Seed Fund is a part of MISTI Global Seed Funds. All general MISTI Global Seed Funds criteria, application and evaluation procedures apply.
Priority will be given to projects that:
- present a balanced exchange between the participants
- demonstrate complementarity between the teams
- involve undergraduate and graduate students