MIT-Colombia Cali Seed Fund
Through an annual call for proposals, the fund primarily supports new collaborations between faculty and students at MIT and their counterparts in universities and research institutions in Colombia with a priority to institutions in Cali.
Universities or Research Institutions in Colombia are eligible to receive funds from the MIT-Colombia Cali Seed Fund. The Colombian colleague(s) must be identified in the proposal. The maximum award is $30,000.
Priority will be given to projects that:
- propose a balanced exchange between the MIT and Colombian participants
- demonstrate complementarity between the MIT and Colombian teams
- involve undergraduate and graduate students
- Healthcare: Artificial Intelligence; computational analysis; imagining; tuberculosis and cancer research; healthcare analytics; innovative solutions to improve health; healthcare operations, analysis in predictive diagnostic imaging with artificial intelligence; individualized treatments by genomic detection; interpretation of gene tests in clinical practice; helicobacter pylori / gastric and genomic cancer; neuroprotection: the research for new drugs alternatives; genetics of glaucoma.
The goals of the MIT-Colombia Cali Seed Fund project are as follows:
- To significantly increase collaboration opportunities between Colombian stakeholder and MIT partners in a measurable way.
- To increase visibility of Colombian higher education and research among faculty, researchers and students at MIT and vice versa.
- To build a strong community of scientific leaders at MIT and in Colombia with mutual ties that will lead to long-term collaboration.
The MIT-Colombia Cali Seed Fund is a part of MISTI Global Seed Funds. All general MISTI Global Seed Funds criteria, application and evaluation procedures apply.