MIT-Peru UTEC Seed Fund
Through an annual call for proposals, the fund primarily supports travel costs for exchange between a team at MIT and colleagues at the Universidad de Ingeniería y Tecnología (UTEC) in Peru. The Peruvian colleague(s) must be identified in the proposal. The maximum award is $30,000.
The fund is for collaborations between faculty and research scientists at MIT and their counterparts at UTEC. Faculty and researchers at other Peruvian research institutions are also eligible to apply as long as the project also involves participants from UTEC.
- UTEC colleague(s) must be identified in the proposal
- Priority given to projects that propose a balanced exchange between MIT and Peru
- Proposals should demonstrate complementarity between the two teams
- Maximum award: $30,000
The MIT-Peru UTEC Seed Fund is a part of MISTI Global Seed Funds. All general MISTI Global Seed Funds criteria, application and evaluation procedures apply.
MIT Global Partnerships Fund: Latin America
MIT’s Global Strategy envisions the creation of new region-specific platforms for cultivating, facilitating, and coordinating faculty and Institute-level collaborations in targeted countries and regions.
A part of this vision, the MIT Global Partnerships Fund supports research and collaborations between MIT faculty and their counterparts abroad with a focus on particular countries or regions. In 2018-19, the MIT Global Partnerships Fund will fund projects in Latin America, Africa, India and Korea.
Through an annual call for proposals, the fund primarily supports travel costs for exchange between a team at MIT and colleagues abroad. The international colleague(s) must be identified in the proposal. The maximum award is $30,000 for an 18-month project period.
Priority will be given to projects that:
- propose a balanced exchange between the MIT and international participants
- demonstrate complementarity between the MIT and international teams
- include MIT undergraduate and graduate students (MIT students cannot travel to some countries due to safety concerns. In planning student participation in your Seed Fund project, please review the MIT International Travel Risk Policy and country warning level list.)
All general MISTI Global Seed Funds criteria, application and evaluation procedures apply.