MISTI sends students to countries like France, Israel, and Mexico for research internships focused on brain structure, cognitive disorders, neuroanatomy, neurodegenerative disease, and health strategies for underserved populations.
- Institute Curie
- Institute for Research in Biomedicine
- National Taiwan University
- Pasteur Institute
- Sanofi Aventis
- Tecnologico de Monterrey
- University of Bonn Medical School
- Investigate genetic biomarkers that may help identify and explain differences in the brains of patients with autism, in France.
- Research the molecular nature of neuropathic pain to support the development of treatments, in Taiwan.
- Perform bibliographic synthesis work and identify biomarkers for neuroprotective compounds, in France.
- Conduct basic diagnostic health exams on school children and assist parents in seeking help for a child’s condition, in Mexico.