Working in studios, galleries, universities, and more, MISTI students explore the frontiers of art, technology, and the social sciences.
- Bibliotheques Sans Frontieres
- France Telecom
- Peking U
- TV Globo
- Universidad Catolicade Chile
- Universite de Paris
- Work with Libraries Without Borders in France on projects in Haiti and—in collaboration with Google Books—projects to address the needs of severely underserved communities.
- Research contemporary architectural practices and theories to incorporate into an exhibit of American architecture and/or the relation between American and Western European practices, in France.
- Assess the availability of information in the 2012 Delhi municipal elections to determine the impact of additional information on voters and public officials, in India.
- Apply to the six-month Palitz Fellowship in The Hague. Areas of study can include any aspect of history, art, or culture in the Dutch and Flemish Golden Age, for example: history of science, horticulture, or cartography; the art market; economic history; or the technologies of print making and book production.
- The Palitz Fellowship offers funded humanities internships in Europe through MISTI. Opportunities are available in Belgium, France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain and Switzerland. Undergrads with U.S. citizenship are eligible. Sample Palitz Fellowship projects include:
- Architecture undergrad looking at design through art history and museum collections in the Netherlands
- Brain and Cog student at Max Planck Institute for the History of Science investigating how scientific knowledge was used by Dutch artists in the 16th century