Through MISTI, MIT Materials students partner with innovative international hosts to focus on leading-edge research, development, and testing related to a broad range of physical substances.
- ETH Zurich
- Hyundai Motor Company
- Osram Opto Semiconductors
- TV Globo
- Tecnologico de Monterrey
- Universidad Politecnica de Madrid
- Optimize a manufacturing process to produce parts with high strength and low material waste, in Italy.
- Write algorithms to simulate and characterize mixtures of LEDs to help analyze data and examine efficiency, in Germany.
- Test the physical limits of commercial products and the behaviors of certain materials at extreme temperatures, in Spain.
- Research methods to determine series resistance and correlate photon intensity to voltage and series resistance to help calibrate solar cells, in Spain.