- Portugal is a strong innovator within Europe
- The country is ranked the fourth greenest country in the EUC across six categories (waste, energy, greenhouse gases, air quality, fresh water and natural land)
- The Portuguese tend to value flexibility and adaptability and value work-life balance
- The top three industries are agriculture, manufacturing, and services
- Home to the oldest bookstore in the world
- The higher education system and research institutions are highly ranked and respected around the globe
MIT-Portugal matches MIT students with internships at leading companies, research labs, and universities in Portugal. These opportunities are usually 8-12 weeks for the summer depending on the host and are available year-round for up to 12 months. Per MISTI’s mission, they are set up to be cost-neutral in order to allow as many participants as possible to gain this unique professional and personal development.
Meet Your Program Manager
Get in touch with Alicia Goldstein-Raun, Managing Director for MIT-Portugal, to get your questions answered.