Your pre-departure checklist.
Complete the following forms and registrations
- Review the MISTI Health and Safety guidelines and attend a check-out meeting with the program coordinator.
- Complete the following items in the MISTI student portal:
- Pre-Travel Health Assessment
- MISTI emergency information questionnaire
- MIT Risk Acknowledgement form
- Register for security updates with ISOS and download the app.
- If you are a US citizen, register with the U.S. Department of State STEP program.
- If you are an international student, check with the ISO to discuss the length of your time abroad and any impact on your status and return to the U.S.
Gather important documents and make copies
Make sure to have a copy of your passport page and visa, health insurance information (if applicable), and copies of your credit cards in case they are lost or stolen. We recommend providing a family member of friend with a copy of the documents and removing all non-essential items from your wallet.
- Visit the MIT Travel Health Clinic.
- Inquire about any immunizations, prescriptions or support needed while in Germany, and identify in-country resources as needed. ISOS has a list of worldwide Assistance Centers.
- Visit the CDC's Travelers' Health website to educate yourself about areas you plan to visit.